MLATS Strategies to Support Learning... Series
The MLATS Strategies To Support Learning... Series of workshops have been designed for teachers who want to implement or develop strategies to support learning in the mathematics classroom. These workshops seek to help teachers revisit and expand the strategies explored in the MLATS core course.
These workshops aim to support participants in:
- Considering what relevant research reports about the strategy
- Considering different ways teachers have implemented and developed the strategy
- Reflecting on current practice
- Identifying how they would like the strategy to be working in their classroom
- Developing an action plan to support the achievement of those goals
The workshop process involves participants in:
Workshop topics include:
- Setting Up for Learning
- Writing in Mathematics
- Whole Class Sharing
- Numeracy Intervention
Workshops run for 2 hours and are suitable for Reception to Year 9 teachers.